Happy New Year one and all,
I hope we are all prepared for the glorious rain this week is bringing to us. It is a testament to the fact that God always answers prayers. It may not always be in the timeline we expect or the answer we have TOLD Him to provide us but he hears us and he provides.
Reminder: NO CLASSES this week: January 6/7. Classes will resume next week: January 13/14. The teachers, volunteers and I all look forward to welcoming everyone back for the New Year and from our break.
First Confession Service: Saturday, January 23rd
- 9:30am-10:30am Thursday RE year 2 Communion classes & SLDM school
- 11:30am-12:30pm -Wednesday RE year 2 Communion classes
- Please be in the church by 9:15am and 11:15am (depending on time of service)
- Dress: It is not necessary to be dressed in their Sunday best but, not sloppy either.
- Parents & siblings are welcome to go to confession after the children have gone
- Children can leave once they have completed confession and their penance
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with any questions or conflicts.
Chapel to Church ½ Marathon Run/Walk: Saturday, January 30, 2016. You can register at active.com and for more information go to: www.sldmrun.com This run/walk will benefit Catholic Charities of Santa Maria Valley.
Thought for the week: “Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice.” -Letters of Gratitude (thought this was great for the start of a new year)
Tip of the week: Just in case you haven’t made the time yet to make some resolutions for 2016, here is a link to some suggestions from Pope Francis. http://www.wordonfire.org/resources/blog/pope-francis-10-new-years-resolutions-for-you/5030/ They are all excellent suggestions. I think my favorite may be #2 as it connects to us as parents: “Take care of your family life, giving your children and loved ones not just money, but most of all your time, attention and love.”
Director of Religious Education
Junior High Ministry
St. Louis de Montfort Catholic Church
Proud member of NACYML www.nacyml.org
And NCCL www.nccl.org
Posted January 5, 2016