Confirmation Director: Luis Oros – (805) email@example.com
General program information can be found at the bottom of the page
Come Holy Spirit
fill the hearts of your faithful
and kindle in them
the fire of Your love
Confirmation News Updates
Year 1 Curriculum Calendar
Year 2 Curriculum Calendar
High School Youth Group Calendar
Parent & Family Nights Calendar
Youth Ministry- Christmas Parade of Lights- “The Joy of Giving” 5:00 pm
Youth Ministry- Christmas Parade of Lights- “The Joy of Giving”
Dec 2 @ 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
the SLDM & St John Neuman Youth Ministry will participate in the Christmas Parade of Lights on December 2. Come and join us.
Year 1 Sponsor Session 5:00 pm
Year 1 Sponsor Session
Dec 3 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Ritual of Promise: The Church through the parish community formally welcomes the candidates into the Confirmation Preparation Process.-5:00pm – in the Hall-continues 6:00pm Mass
Youth Group-Topic-Movie “The Shack” 7:00 pm
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Confirmation Program Forms
Confirmation Program Information
The Confirmation process in our Parish is a two-year program for teens entering 9th grade or higher. The length of the program as well as the high-school age is an Archdiocesan requirement.
We are under the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. For more information, read the guideline set by the Archdioceses of Los Angeles for Confirmation programs which can be viewed here.
- Welcomes us and deepens our belonging to the faith community.
- Deepens our relationship with Jesus.
- Strengthens us as disciples.
- Attend Sunday Mass weekly and on Holy Days of obligation. Receiving communion is an essential part of every Catholic’s faith development. Confirmation candidates must attend mass at St. Louis de Montfort.
- Attend sessions w/small group leader 1-2 times a month. All sessions are held on Sundays.
- Attend sponsor/candidate sessions 2 per year. All sessions are held on Sundays.
- Attend group retreat 1 per year.
- Attend a Youth Day during track/year 1.
- Complete 5 service projects. See activity booklet for details.
- Participate in “Parish Life”. See activity booklet for details.
We understand there may be times when conflicts will arise when it comes to Confirmation versus school, athletic, personal or other family activities. Be aware that absences can prevent the candidate from being adequately prepared for Confirmation. Review the schedule and commitments prior to registration to ensure that every effort will be made to honor the commitments of the Confirmation program. Please MARK your calendar when you receive the schedule to help you remember when you need to attend. Know that some of the session may be canceled or changed. If this happens, we will let everyone know in advance.
- Completed registration form
- Complete model release statement
- Complete medical release form
- Registration fees paid
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate*
- Copy of First Communion Certificate*
- Sponsor form completed
- Behavior agreement completed
- Recent picture
- Retreat permission slip signed
- The sponsor must be a Confirmed Catholic
- The sponsor can be male or female
- The sponsor may NOT be a parent of the candidate.
- The sponsor should live in the local area and be able to attend the sponsor/candidate sessions.
- The sponsor should be at least 18 and a mature person of faith.
- The ideal sponsor is the candidate’s Godmother or Godfather.
- Sponsors must attend all sponsor sessions.
- If married, a sponsors marriage must be in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Track 1 is the first year of the two-year process.
- Track 2 is the second year of the two-year process.
- A candidate MUST be in High School to start the program.
- If you have any questions involving Confirmation and Youth Ministry, contact Luis Oros at (805) firstname.lastname@example.org.