Confirmation Director: Luis Oros – (805) email@example.com
General program information can be found at the bottom of the page
Come Holy Spirit
fill the hearts of your faithful
and kindle in them
the fire of Your love
Confirmation News Updates
Year 1 Curriculum Calendar
Year 2 Curriculum Calendar
High School Youth Group Calendar
Parent & Family Nights Calendar
Youth Group-Topic: Fostering Faith-Full Friendships” 7:00 pm
Youth Group-Topic: Fostering Faith-Full Friendships”
Oct 1 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Purpose This session encourages young people to value true friendship and to nurture meaningful relationships with their peers. Using Scripture as a guide, youth identify qualities that define “a good friend” and reflect on how individually they can espouse these characteristics in their community. This session relies
Parent Night- Topic: “God’s gifts, promise & word” 7:30 pm
Parent Night- Topic: “God’s gifts, promise & word”
Oct 11 @ 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Parent Night-Topic: “God’s gifts, Promise & Word” 7:30 pm
Celebration of Fatima 6:45 pm
Celebration of Fatima
Oct 13 @ 6:45 pm – 9:00 pm
The community at SLDM will be celebrating 100 Years of the apparitions of Fatima. In the Year 1917, in the region at the center of Portugal, the Virgin Mary appeared six times to three young children. This Friday October 13th, marks the centennial celebration of these apparitions.
Year 2 Sponsor Session 5:00 pm
Year 2 Sponsor Session
Oct 15 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Ritual – Affirming Confirmation Candidates-the next step toward completing their Sacrament of Confirmation
Youth Group-Topic: “13 Reason Why- The Good the Bad and the Ugly” 7:00 pm
Youth Group-Topic: “13 Reason Why- The Good the Bad and the Ugly”
Oct 15 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Purpose: A discussion about the Netflix series “13 Reasons Why”. We will talk about the positives and negatives aspects of the series.
Youth Group-Topic: “When it’s hard to be Me: Addressing the Pressures of Teen Life” 7:00 pm
Youth Group-Topic: “When it’s hard to be Me: Addressing the Pressures of Teen Life”
Oct 22 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Purpose: This session allows youth the opportunity to reflect on the challenge of being a young person in today’s world.
A vision of Light: Celebrating All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day 7:00 pm
A vision of Light: Celebrating All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day
Oct 29 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Purpose This high school youth group night celebrates All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day with the saints.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Confirmation Program Forms
Confirmation Program Information
The Confirmation process in our Parish is a two-year program for teens entering 9th grade or higher. The length of the program as well as the high-school age is an Archdiocesan requirement.
We are under the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. For more information, read the guideline set by the Archdioceses of Los Angeles for Confirmation programs which can be viewed here.
- Welcomes us and deepens our belonging to the faith community.
- Deepens our relationship with Jesus.
- Strengthens us as disciples.
- Attend Sunday Mass weekly and on Holy Days of obligation. Receiving communion is an essential part of every Catholic’s faith development. Confirmation candidates must attend mass at St. Louis de Montfort.
- Attend sessions w/small group leader 1-2 times a month. All sessions are held on Sundays.
- Attend sponsor/candidate sessions 2 per year. All sessions are held on Sundays.
- Attend group retreat 1 per year.
- Attend a Youth Day during track/year 1.
- Complete 5 service projects. See activity booklet for details.
- Participate in “Parish Life”. See activity booklet for details.
We understand there may be times when conflicts will arise when it comes to Confirmation versus school, athletic, personal or other family activities. Be aware that absences can prevent the candidate from being adequately prepared for Confirmation. Review the schedule and commitments prior to registration to ensure that every effort will be made to honor the commitments of the Confirmation program. Please MARK your calendar when you receive the schedule to help you remember when you need to attend. Know that some of the session may be canceled or changed. If this happens, we will let everyone know in advance.
- Completed registration form
- Complete model release statement
- Complete medical release form
- Registration fees paid
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate*
- Copy of First Communion Certificate*
- Sponsor form completed
- Behavior agreement completed
- Recent picture
- Retreat permission slip signed
- The sponsor must be a Confirmed Catholic
- The sponsor can be male or female
- The sponsor may NOT be a parent of the candidate.
- The sponsor should live in the local area and be able to attend the sponsor/candidate sessions.
- The sponsor should be at least 18 and a mature person of faith.
- The ideal sponsor is the candidate’s Godmother or Godfather.
- Sponsors must attend all sponsor sessions.
- If married, a sponsors marriage must be in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Track 1 is the first year of the two-year process.
- Track 2 is the second year of the two-year process.
- A candidate MUST be in High School to start the program.
- If you have any questions involving Confirmation and Youth Ministry, contact Luis Oros at (805) firstname.lastname@example.org.