This is a 24 Hour Event at St Joseph High School Gym. Participants raise money through donors and sponsors to help Catholic Charities provide food and shelter for those in need. Participants get to experience what many homeless people in our community go through on an everyday basis.
Donation: Teens must bring in $24.00 donation, $1 for every hour. Get sponsors to help you raise $24.
Service Project: This food fast will count for 2 Service projects. After the first initial $24.00, a service project can be earned for every additional $24. 00
WHO, WHERE & WHEN?
- St. Mary’s St. John Neumann, Queen of Angels, Our Lady of Guadalupe & St. Louis de Montfort Youth Ministry & Confirmation, and any other parish who would like to attend
- Where? At St. Joseph High School Gym in Santa Maria
- Friday, March 23th. Check in time is between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm
Doors close at 7:00pm
- The Fasting will end on Saturday, March 24st at 6:00pm, teens should be picked up no later than 6:30pm.
What will go ON?
There will be fasting … go without food consuming only liquids. We will also have games, speakers, workshops, the Blessed Sacrament, rosary service, music and MORE!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable appropriate clothes to wear all night (you can bring a change of clothes to put on Saturday morning)
- Sleeping bag or blanket and pillow (you may bring a card board box to sleep outside -Optional)
- Toiletry items- toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. (no showers however, sinks & water available)
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Hair dryers/curling irons/straighteners/make up
- Food or gum
- Cell phones, I-pods or any other electronic devices
*In the past, this event has raised over $5,000 for Catholic Charities.